Check Our Homepage for Our Latest Featured Articles

Comments

You must be logged in to comment

POST
  1. October 18, 2008 at 8:25 am | |

I understand the ‘concern’and part of me would agree… but what “IF” the younger men were genuine?

Recently I have had a conversation with a friend who told me that his Dad (he is well over 80 and WELL off) met a woman in his local Pub, she is over 20 years younger. The ‘old’ guy married the woman a few weeks later. My friend didn’t agree with it as he felt that she was JUST after his Dads money. When he went to visit she even through him out of “HER” kitchen by grabbing his arm, pushing him around and making it quite clear to him that it’s “HER” kitchen now.

It works both ways, men and women, women and men.

Have you ever spoken with your Mum and suggested seeing a solicitor to ‘secure’ her finances ‘against’ this young guy? It be interesting to see if he would still tell her that she is beautiful and that he loves her.

… but really, in the end, it is her choice and even IF he got hold of her finances, if that that is what she wants, what is there to do?

2. Mary
    November 13, 2008 at 11:53 pm | |

Happens all the time with the genders reversed.
    Women in their 20′s going after men in the 60′s for their money. A prenup is a good idea.

3. November 19, 2008 at 7:00 am | |

As a widow myself who tried online dating, I’ve come into contact with this myself. The important thing is not to disclose any financial information. If you can talk to your mother about protecting her assets in these economically trying times, it may be a good way to get her to go see a financial adviser or lawyer to make a Last Will and Testament so everything is cut and dried. I have three boys and have taken care of this matter of my estate. Best of luck.

4. Suzann
    April 19, 2009 at 3:50 pm | |

It’s not always a lot of money. Two months after my husband died, my employers “friend” began to talk horrible to me , then started grabbing and threatening me. Cops wouldn’t believe, it cost me my job, of course unemployment wouldn’t believe me, the man is at least 15 years younger than me. I’ll be 60 soon. There is no protection from these kind of men. The threats still continue and I make a lot less money than I did. All the laws against sexual harrassment and stalking don’t do one bit of good when you get old and find yourself alone.

5. towerldr44
    September 11, 2009 at 6:13 am | |

Not all guys are after older women for their money i date and older women who is very well off and i don’t ask her for anything i have my own business and make my own money in fact when were together i don’t let her spend anything on me i pay the way for both of us

6. made_of_steel
    September 11, 2009 at 5:13 pm | |

Not only are internet predators looking for the rich and lonely. Often, disabled women with no resources are at risk. I found myself in a life and death situation, only to be saved by my family. Police and investigators were nochalant and treated me as a neurotic, nut. After being drugged and beaten and mentally tortured, I have regained control of my life. Thank-goodness, I am alive today. Beware, if it sounds too good to be true, it is……